Fix domain user log on to windows with fingerprints is disabled. enrollment failed
I have a laptop with a fingerprint reader and running on Windows 7. So, I have setup the biometric fingerprint for logon Windows, but I get error “domain user log on to windows with fingerprints is disabled. enrollment failed” on select the fingerprint icon step.
After that research and try to resolve the problem I got the answer that if your are logged in the domain user the login using biometrics feature is turn off by default. So, if you get error “domain user log on to windows with fingerprints is disabled. enrollment failed” like me, you can allow domain user login using biometrics (fingerprint) support by following the directions below.
- Click Start > Control Panel > Biometric Devices
- On the Use biometric devices with Windows dialog, click Change Biometric Settings
- Select both “Allow users to log on to Windowsd using their fingerprints” and “Allow users to log on to a domain using their fingerprints”
- Restart the computer
- Click Start > Control Panel > Biometric Devices again
- Click User your fingerprint with Windows
- You will need to enter the password for currently logged on user before you can setup a fingerprint.
- On the Enrollment dialog, you will need to select which finger you want to setup a profile. Click on the right index finger to set it up.
- On the Swipe your finger dialog, Swipe your finger three times.
- You can setup the other finger for backup this finger, just follow step 8 and 9
- To test the fingerprint reader, just pressing the Windows Key + L or log out. You should now see a fingerprint icon instead of your photo. To logon, simply swipe your right index finger over the fingerprint reader and enjoy the ease of biometrics with Windows 7